Monday, April 14, 2008

Swimming

I had a strange experience at the pool yesterday. I found a lap pool next to my apartment, so yesterday I decided to go swim laps. It was hilarious. I walked in and everyone stopped swimming and started staring. I was a white dude in short shorts by the way. So, I get in the water, and they grab me a swim cap. I hate swim caps, but whatever. I put it on and started swimming. They all just stood in the water and watched me swim. I did a few laps and then stopped to take a break. When I came up everyone got all excited and started going off how I'm such a "good swimma" (which I am not). Then they requested all these crazy strokes like butterfly and something Id never heard of, but I only know like freestyle, breast, and doggie paddling so I said no. Then they started quizzing me on my Olympic swimming knowledge, which I knew absolutely nothing about. It was fun, but getting old, so I tried to end the confusing uproar and swim, but the Koreans wanted to introduce me to the instructors, so I got introduced to both the swim instructors that work there Mr. Kim and Mr. Kim. Both are Mr. Kim. Then, finally I got to swim.

No comments: