*My sister had her wedding in Hawaii last week. It was great being able to see my family and friends again, and wild seeing them interact together. Lindsay, Nick, Lindsay B, and I all took kayaks out to the site of Captain Cooks death, I just finished reading "Blue Latitudes" (which is about Cooks expeditions) so being able to see the site was pretty cool. We snorkeled and Lindsay fake stoned me to reenact the death scene. The wedding was on the beach at sunset, everything went pretty smoothly and I think everyone had a good time. It was hard saying goodbye to everyone, I miss my friends and family like a mutha...especially Daisy.
*After the wedding, Lindsay and I headed off to Tokyo for a day. I was blown away by how awesome the city is. I expected a large, crowded, somewhat dirty city full of skyscrapers. I guess I expected a larger version of Busan. This was not the case at all. Tokyo and the surrounding area are shockingly green. The city is next to dense forests, and the heart of downtown is chock full of trees and killer parks. The huge buildings are mixed in with old relics, a giant ancient castle, koi ponds (I saw a bright purple 3 footer!!!), San Francisco style parks with people reading and relaxing, and European style canals. There were cool shops and delicious restaurants all over. The city was amazingly clean too. Everything ran efficiently and the people were super friendly. I LOVE JAPAN!
*I may have found my calling in life. It turns out, Tony and I are phenomenal dodgeball players. We had a tournament last Saturday and absolutely dominated! We were undefeated all day, but I think we drank a little too much by the end so we tanked in the semi finals. I am still sore.
*I'm still having picture upload issues, but they should be up soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i miss your hot face. come home.
Post a Comment